Construction
Agriculture
Automotive
Education
Energy
Tourism
Service
HOLDING HEAD OFFICE

ALTUNIZADE ISMAIL ZUHTU PASA PALACE

The palace, because of its first owner’s special personality and with its destiny, by giving service far beyond a life environment, is an architecture masterpiece, creating memorial identity by merging with its gained value, gathering some events and famous names of the young Republic of Turkey’s initial days under its roof.

This magnificent construction was built in 1868 by Ismail Zuhtu Pasha (born in 1806) as a country house. Pasha was a son of a very wealthy family of that time. When he came into  Mahmud II’s presence, and when he was called “Come on, Altunizade”, his title left as “Altunizade”. Pasha was taken into Enderun (special school in the ottoman palace) by the Empire and graduated as an architecture 2 years after.

Ismail Zuhtu Pasa, by his raising reputation regarding his hard work, honesty and successful services, put his signature under these works: Beykoz Premises, Kucuksu Palace, Taskisla, Pasabahce Glass Plant, Zeytinburnu Squib Foundry, Defterdar Broadcloth Plant, Izmit Hunkar Palace, Salipazari Double Palaces etc.

The Palace, on 420 m2 floor, was designed as 18 rooms, 3 wide saloon, 2 kitchens, 6 toilets, 6 cellars, 6 halls and 2 corridors. The domed ceiling of the saloon upstairs was decorated by an Italian painter. Ceilings and stair rails are the fantastic patterns of handmade artworks. 155 high windows and 5 meter height ceiling that are circumscribing the building gives radiance and peace. Pasha deceased in 1889, has been resting with some of his relatives in the small cemetery in front of Altunizade Mosque, which carries the same name with the district he built. Many of famous people has identified with this palace. In the poem “Angina Pektori” of Nazim Hikmet married with Piraye Hanim, granddaughter of Pasha: “And every night, doctor, when the prisoners are asleep and the infirmary is deserted, my heart stops at a run-down old house in Camlica.” The mentioned old house is this palace.

Ismail Hakki Bey issued “Yeni Adam” Magazine here. Some of the plays, which various famous artists taken place here were: Animals, The Poet’s Marriage, The Happy Journey to Trenton and Camden. Altinyurt Sports Club was also founded here.

The days Yesari Asim Ersoy performed his own compositions by having the lights turned off betimes have entered upon unforgettable memories. Hasan Ali Yucel was one of the regular visitors of the Palace, he also convinced Ismail Hakki Bey here to become a member of the parliament . Some of the famous personalities coloring up and integrated with the environment are: Sadettin Vedat Koçer, Dr. Sükrü Ertan, Prof. Dr. Akil Muhtar Özden, Dr. Muzaffer Dilemre, Dr. Muhittin Baris, Dr. Lefter Lazar, Dr. Kelesyan, Ertugrul Sadi Tek, Dümbüllü Ismail, Rasit Riza, Çalli Ibrahim, Sirri Özbay, Fuat Izer, Mahmud Cuda, Arif Dino, Abidin Dino, Nurullah Berk, Zeki Faik Izer, Üsküdarli Cevat, the Painter Muazzez

The Palace’s maintenance has grown difficult in time, Selma Hanim, one of the inheritors, has landed subdivision, the building has remained in 4 decare share. The land was bought by STFA in 1987, with the intention of building a new one, the photos and samples were taken and then pulled down.

The land has been bought by Avrupa Holding A.S. in 2001 and the Palace has been constructed as in its original. The building is still being utilized as the administrative service premises of  Avrupa Holding and its affiliated companies.

ThIs magnIfIcent constructIon was buIlt In 1868 by IsmaIl Zuhtu Pasha (born In 1806) as a country house.

HOLDING HEAD OFFICE
FINANCIAL INFORMATION
GOALS AND PRINCIPLES
FROM THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
HISTORY


Privacy Policy Designed By Zetkom